A Dynamic IT Company is in search of an experienced Network Engineer to join the team. We are a client driven company, always looking to improve the technology experience our clients have.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has knowledge of technical specifics as well as the ability to apply them in a way that best suits the client. We are seeking someone that has a thorough knowledge of PCs, Servers, hardware, software and peripherals as well as a superior understanding of networking technologies, concepts and protocols. An understanding of cybersecurity is also important. The right fit will be a self starter who can work both independently and as part of the team. A willingness to learn new technologies is a must.
Qualifications: 4-year degree and at least 4 years of IT experience. This is not an entry-level position.
Technical requirements include:
- Windows 7/8 platform, 2008/2008R2/2012 server and Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Exchange server 2007/2010/2013 as well as Hosted Exchange
- Acronis and AppAssure back ups
- Experience with PC and component-level installation, configuration, troubleshooting, memory, hard drives, etc * (Mac knowledge also preferable.)
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN topology, network protocols (TCP/IP, FTP, NFS, DNS and DHCP), switches and firewalls
- Remote access via SSL VPN, Microsoft VPN and SonicWALL Global VPN
- Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange environments. Administration and monitoring of client servers to ensure proper levels of service and support.
- Familiarity with wireless handheld devices (e.g. Droid, iPhone, Windows Mobile) set up and troubleshooting
Responsibilities, Expectations and Core Requirements:
We support our customers in all of their technology requirements ranging from help with servers, workstations, and network infrastructure, to advice on a decision regarding hosted email solutions, security and PC configurations. The individual we seek must be confident in handling challenges of all sizes and find reward in helping customers make the most of their technology. Responsibilities for this position are detailed below:
- Ability to ensure network services are optimally designed, configured and supported to achieve high availability and functionality. How this can be accomplished will be changing over time, and the candidate will have the opportunity to explore ever changing best practices.
- Willingness to participate in or lead projects to improve network services and develop procedures to support newly implemented technologies
- Aptitude for assuring technical compatibility between network technologies as well as application platforms and server/workstation products; especially in areas that directly affect virus/spyware protection and removal, firewalls and backup
- Capacity to communicate technical concepts in simple terms; ability to communicate with clients and co-workers and work with people of diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Ability to think logically and creatively and act quickly in the best interests of the client
- MUST be able to shift priorities daily to meet the needs and demands of our clients and manage your time effectively without excessive supervision or intervention
- MUST enjoy and be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while staying calm and focused
- Ability to work flexible hours (as needed) and travel extensively to client sites throughout the DC Metro Area. We work together as a team to cover client emergencies when they occur, even if it is during off hours.
- MUST have a car for transportation and travel to client sites
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Competitive pay (contingent on relevant experience)
- Medical Insurance
- Opportunities for training and certifications
Please attach resume/CV, cover letter and salary history and requirements in your email reply. Failure to provide all three items may not result in a callback. Only experienced personnel need to apply, this is not an entry level position.